Skill Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Frontier Justice Basic Carbine Course or military, law enforcement or equivalent civilian training. Student should have a basic understanding of the AR-15 and be able to demonstrate safe firearms handling skills.
Course Description: The Frontier Justice Carbine I Course will give students a thorough understanding of firearms safety, marksmanship fundamentals and exposure to the tactical application of the carbine. Training topics and progression will vary depending on overall student skill level. This is a marksmanship intensive course.
NO AUDIO OR VIDEO, no exceptions! The day will typically be 7-8 hours. Some drills will involve movement and/or running. Students can wear equipment relevant to their application (body armor, chest rigs, war belts, etc.). Certificates will be given after completion of training. Most items on the equipment list can be purchased from Frontier Justice. Due to the nature of this course, this class will be held outdoors at a nearby location. 12 student maximum per class.
- Safety discussion
- Outfitting the weapon
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting positions
- Multiple targets
- Diagnostic shoots
- Shooting on the move
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is encouraged)
- Serviceable carbine/rifle of minimum 5.45/5.56 caliber with at least 2 magazines
- Sling (2 point adjustable recommended)
- 400 rounds of ammo (approx.). No armor piercing (M855 Green Tip or similar). Steel case is acceptable.
- Weapon mounted light (optional)
- Plate carrier/chest rig/war belt (optional)
- Minimum 1 mag pouch (belt or gear mounted)
- Weapon cleaning/lubrication/maintenance kit
- Suitable range wear appropriate for the weather/season
- Pen and paper
- Food/water as needed by individual (food will be available for purchase through the FJ Café, see order sheet)
- Have a rough zero (contact us if you have questions)
Session Length: 7-8 hours