Skill Level: Beginner
Objective: To familiarize the participant with the AR-15 platform.
Course Description: This course gives new owners and those unfamiliar with the AR-15 platform a basic orientation to the rifle. The class time will be spent between the classroom and range.
- Safety discussion
- History and terminology of the AR-15
- Cycle of operations and malfunctions
- Field stripping and maintenance
- Outfitting the platform
- Loading/unloading procedures
- How to zero
- Eye and ear protection
- 2 magazines
- 100 rounds of .223/5.56mm (ammunition is available for purchase)
- Appropriate range attire (closed-toe shoes, long pants and long shirt recommended)
- Magazine pouch
- Baseball hat (strongly recommended)
Most equipment can be rented or purchased from Frontier Justice. A limited number of AR-15 rifles are available to rent for this class.
- Top-rate instruction
- State-of-the-art range facilities that include well-lit, climate-controlled lanes that are a consistent 70° F; expanded sound-proofing measures; a cutting-edge ventilation system that keeps the air and surfaces clear of lead and other contaminants; and advanced retrieval systems
- Low student-to-teacher ratios allowing one-on-one instruction at times
- 10% discount for use the day of your class - can be used on firearms and archery purchases, including ammunition and rentals
Session Length: 2 hours